Monday, July 12, 2010

American Samoa - Day 3

Sunday 06/27/2010
10:04 p.m. ISLAND
4:04 a.m. CST

Today was another great day in Samoa. Got up and went to Church this morning. Brian did an amazing job this morning. His message covered Phillipians 2. I have personally covered this set of scripture before, but it was great to get another perspective on it.

The greatest and hardest piece of this scripture is, "then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose."

How great would this world be if we lived like this? How many times do we wish this could happen?

I feel that I have done this before, or felt this way before. This is a daily struggle everywhere. In our world, I think we can see this in all phases of life. Whether we're in church, school, work, etc., it just seems like we have trouble getting on the same page.

Brian made a great point when talking about this. A lot of times we ask the question, "How can you serve me?" instead of, "How can I serve you?"

How many times have we caught ourselves asking this? We see something and we try to figure out who should be the person who is responsible for the situation instead of thinking how can we maybe help or even find a situation. If you ever want to try to grab a deeper look on this issue, the check out Philippians 2: 1-8.

Personal:
I have had a lot on my mind during this trip, and even before I left to come here. God has definitely been working on this guy. I just have a lot of situations I am trying to sort out.

The worst thing about scary situations is the simple fact, that we generally know what the solutions are to these situations. This issue is hard, because we don't want to be the person to have to make the tough decisions. I have a couple of these exact situations currently going on, but don't know what the solution should be.

As I go to bed tonight, I pray that God will help me sort these out. Not necessarily to just give me the answers, but to help clear the water.

I thank God for another amazing day in American Samoa, and on this earth!

Goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment