Sunday, June 27, 2010

American Samoa - Day 2

Saturday 06/262010
10:00 p.m. ISLAND
4:00 a.m. CST

Today we had the day off from camp. Today and tomorrow are the only two days off from camp. We start camp back up on Monday and go thru Thursday when we leave.

Eventhough we had the day off, it was still a great day. We took some time and drove around the island. We also went to the ocean/beach today. FYI the ocean here is not like what I am use to. It was very rocky, and you had to wear shoes while you were in the water due to the rocks.

The Team:
This was a great day to be around everybody on our team. I am new to the group, and still learning about the guys, and they are still learning about me. To be honest, I have been rather quiet because I am just trying to soak everything in. (I know this might be somewhat of a surprise to some people, but it is very true.) The guys on our team have great minds, and are great to listen to. I have learned so much in two days, and I thank GOD for our team. Today was also a great day to catch up from the 12+ hour flight from Thursday.

Turning in for the evening. Can't wait for church in the morning.

Thought of the day: "Who am I" Thanks Tim for this thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment