Monday, July 12, 2010

American Samoa - Day 4

Monday 06/28/2010
9:37 p.m. ISLAND
3:37 a.m. CST


Another beautiful day, and another great day of camp. It's days like today that I often question myself and ask, "am I really doing what God wants me to do." I was at camp today and just couldn't contain myself. I love, and I mean love working with young people, and seeing them excel in what they are doing. I think that the fact that our camp is centered around football is just icing on the cake.

Huddle:
Today we talked about commitment. In my group I hit on different areas of commitment (friends, school, family, our relationship with Jesus, etc.) I built on one of my earlier topics of "starting and finishing something." If you are going to start something, then you need to be willing to be committed to it throughout the entire process. I feel pretty strongly about this, because I think our culture has a serious problem with this. We also talked about a relationship with Jesus, and the level of commitment you have to have. As a person, it's not just a walk through it's something you have to work at and nurture.

Bad News:
One of our coaches found out today that one of his previous players committed suicide. The majority of people in this world aren't coaches, so I think we sometimes don't understand the relationships players have with their coaches, or coaches with their players. I know this situation is one of those extremely close situations, because the family has asked for him to speak at the memorial service. I can't fathom the thoughts and feelings of this person, but I know it is probably a struggle. He was able to book and earlier flight, and leaves out tomorrow night. I pray tat God is with him during this situation, and my prayers tonight go out to my friend, and his player's family. I pray that God helps them through this situation, and helps to ease their pain.

Goodnight and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment