Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mission Trip Update

Only one meeting left before we leave for Samoa on the 24th. A lot has happened since our last meeting.

A container is being shipped to Samoa in the next couple of days. Within this container is a ton of stuff that has been donated to the kids in Samoa. A few things that have been donated are: Various pairs of shoes, football equipment from some of the local high schools, and 40 brand new pairs of cleats (Thanks to Ryne, and Nashville Sporting Goods). I am sure their is some more things, but that is all I am for sure on.

Also found out that the position coach I was going to be working with in Samoa is not going to be able to make the trip. It is somewhat upsetting that someone will not be going on the trip, but then again I am excited about the challenge in front of me. I will more than likely be taking on the position I will be coaching by myself. It might be my first year, but I can't wait to see what God is going to do with that situation. Not necessarily for the kids in my group, but what He is going to do with me personally and spiritually.

Can't wait, wish we were flying out tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment